The 2022 Cronulla Sharks Indigenous Jersey will be worn by the Sharks for the NRL Indigenous Round against the Sydney Roosters. This jersey features a piece of art designed by Elaine Chambers-Hegarty.
The design takes inspiration from the area in which the Cronulla Sharks play. The darker sections of the jersey represents the deep colours of the sea, whilst the lighter shades symbolise the Cronulla shoreline. The seashells on the jersey represent the term “Kurranulla”, meaning ‘place of pink seashells’. The fish shown are symbolic of a food source, and were a collaboration piece with a local Aboriginal youth from the local hostel “Jay”. The sharks are seen swimming in the waters, circling for a feeding frenzy. The pathways shown depict the Sharks players, and their journey with their career whilst keeping their culture strong.
This garment features Dynasty Sport’s new cutting-edge Ecotek fabric which is made from recycled plastic bottles.
Also available in Junior sizing.
- Cronulla Sharks and NRL premium embroidered logos
- High-raglan sleeve design with underarm and side torso mesh panelling
- Lightweight 2 way stretch base cloth with mesh panel detail utilising Dynasty Sport’s Ecotek recycled fabric
- Streamlined crossover V neck collar with reinforced bar-tacks
- Cover stitching throughout the garment for added strength reinforcement
- Tapered torso seams
- Drop hem finish
- Contrast sleeve cuff panel
- 100% Polyester with Mesh Panels